Question about getting pages to display in Google SERP

Hi there,

When I search for some of my website’s product pages in Google, either by name or URL, some appear in SERPs, and some don’t.

If I am searching for something as specific as a URL, shouldn’t it appear in the SERPs no matter what? Why are some of these website pages appearing in Google but some aren’t?

I think it might have something to do with the sitemap and whatnot, but I got confused quickly about what to do.

Can you help me out?

Hi, @TON !

Trevor from SHOPLAZZA here. Welcome to the Community!

Please try to use Sitemap Extension in the app store, and this will definitely help your website get displayed in Google SERPs because the product page is available in website sitemap.xml

1. If you submitted your site to Google Search Console just a few days ago, please give it some time! The product page takes some time to populate.

2. If you have NOT submitted your site to Google, please go to Google Search Console and submit the sitemap.xml. And also, you can submit specific URLs to be Reindexed.

Hope this helps! If you have any further questions, be sure to reach out to SHOPLAZZA support.

Thank you for your reply. By the way how to submit website sitemap?

Hi @TON ,

You need to register on Google Search Console first, then submit stiemap.

1. Search Console URL:https://search.google.com/search-console/
  2. After entering the Search Console, if you are using it for the first time, the page will show two types of resource validation.
  3. You need to take the initiative to choose the “resource type”, the left side of the resource type is “domain resources”, the right side is “URL resources”. Select one of the ways to verify.
  4. When you choose the verification method on the left, the next Search Console will pop up DNS record verification, which will require the assistance of technical staff to complete the verification may take a day or so
  5. If you choose the verification method on the right, the preset HTML file verification method, will require the assistance of technical staff: download the exclusive HTML verification, and then ask the technical staff to upload to the root directory, and then the technical staff uploaded to the root directory, back to Search Console click to confirm that the installation is complete. If there is no technical assistance, it is recommended to use the “other verification methods” at the bottom.
  6. In other verification methods, the easiest and fastest is the verification of Google Analytics, if you have Google Analytics editing rights, then directly click the verification is complete, note that when you install Search Console, please ensure that your browser is logged into the g-mail has Google Note that when you install Search Console, please make sure that the g-mail you are logged in to has Google Analytics permissions, often people fail to validate because they are logged in to the wrong g-mail.
  7. If you are not using Search Console for the first time and just want to add a new resource, then just add the new resource.