How Do I Set Up Tax Rates?

Hi all,
Because of the Covid-19 epidemic and some policies, I need to set the tax rate involving countries. Can you give me detailed operation instructions?
Thanks!

Hi there,

Trevor from SHOPLAZZA here. Welcome to the Community!

The shipping solutions must be set before setting the tax rate. Tax rates can be selected according to the countries/regions added to the shipping solutions.

Steps are as follows:

1.Click “All products” in “Products”, select the taxable product to enter the product details page.

2.Activate “Selected product is taxable” to continue.

3.Go to “Settings” > “Taxes” > “Tax rate settings”

5.Set up the country/region rate or the regional rate.

Note:

• Shipping solutions must be set before setting the tax rate. The tax rate can be set based on the countries/regions added to the shipping solutions.
  • If the regional tax rate is not set separately, the country /region tax rate shall prevail.
  • If a regional tax rate is set separately, the regional tax rate prevails.
  • If you select “Other Countries/regions” in the shipping solutions, all countries/regions where your products are shipping to will be taxable. If you choose Europe in your shipping solutions, the product will only be charged tax when shipping to European customers.
  • Reference for tax rate setting: tax = tax rate x actual price of the product. For example, if the product’s actual price is $1.00 and the tax rate is 20%, additional tax will be charged $0.20 (to two decimal points).

I hope that’s helpful, please let me know if it works for you, thanks!