Domain & SEO related questions

Does it matter what initial subdomain you get?

Let’s say I have an e-commerce website named www.xxx.com. And I decide to migrate this website to SHOPLAZZA, and I get a random subdomain like “xxx.myshoplaza.com”. I was told that having “xxx.myshoplaza.com” as the initial subdomain will hurt my SEO ranking even if all the existing URLs are converted to the SHOPLAZZA format and redirected accurately.

Does Google index subdomains or not? Couldn’t find a definitive answer on Google. Would be grateful if someone could give me an answer. Thanks a lot!

Hi, @JolieW!

Trevor from SHOPLAZZA here, welcome to the Community!

Thank you for reaching out to us, that’s a great question.

There is currently no way to edit your myshoplaza.com URL. However, if you’re using a custom domain URL for your store and you have it directed correctly, the .myshoplaza.com URL will not matter for SEO.

For SHOPLAZZA and Google, you should have a domain without the www (xxx.com) and with the www (www.xxx.com), respectively, as the first one is your domain name and the other is your subdomain. Please double check if your domains have been properly added to your store.

If you have a different custom domain URL before your xxx.com, then I would recommend double checking your SEO and then resubmitting your sitemap to Google Search Console.

If you have any further questions, be sure to reach out to SHOPLAZZA support!